Welcome!

Hi everyone! This is a place where I share my experiences with the devices I come across and use. Hopefully, you'll find the info here helpful in your search for geeky stuff...

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Joyful Joyful Joiku!




Oh what a joy this is. The minute I stumbled upon it, it has already saved me hundreds of dollars and opened up more possibilities to stay connected to the internet.

What are we talking about here? It's the JoikuSpot application for S60 phones. And what does it do? Well, it basically turns your S60 phone into a wireless router.





Now, let that slowly sink into your system. Think of the circumstances that this feature might be useful to you. I, for one, am using it right now as I type out and publish this blog entry.

If you have an unlimited 3G data plan, this application would benefit you most. Imagine having a wireless router in your pocket at all times. It provides the simplest solution to share internet access. No wires, no devices to set up, just turn on the application, wait a few seconds and everyone within, I dunno, a 10 metre radius maybe (?), will have an internet connection.

The first useful application of JoijuSpot for me, is it solves the patchy wifi connection in my house. My wireless router is setup in my studio on the 2nd storey of my house.





The wifi signal on the 2nd floor is mostly fine except in the master bedroom where it gets really low. I bought an Apple Airport Express to try to extend it, but it didn't help much at all. The computer hooked up to my plasma TV in my bedroom had a very hard time getting internet access because the wifi signal is so weak.

Well, not any more! Open the application and within seconds, the computer detects the network and connects to it at full signal. The HSDPA connection is pretty speedy and is as fast as my wifi connection in my studio. Suddenly, surfing in bed with my plasma TV is extremely pleasurable.

And this network follows me wherever I go, which means my plan of getting more wifi network extending antennas or buying more Airport Express' to ensure a decent wireless network on the first storey of my house is now totally unnecessary! That has already saved me hundreds of dollars! This software that I downloaded for free over the internet and installed on my S60 phone in seconds has offered me solutions problems that I have been cracking my head to solve. Oh how joyful!






Now I can keep the Airport Express permanently in my travel bag and use it only to create a wireless network in hotel rooms when I travel.





Of course there are plenty of other applications that this solution can be used for. If you have an unlimited 3G data plan, I would bet that this will be of use to you.


I just want to say a big THANK YOU to JOIKU!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you must have one good data plan huh?

Anonymous said...

HEY CHICKEN BACKSIDE! I am very excited! Nokia N82 officially now in BLACK! weeee!!

btw, nice app! ill try that i soon as i get my n82

chickenbackside said...

fernando:
Yup, I have the ultimate data plan. HSDPA is available almost everywhere over here. Worst case is 3G speed. Unlimited up/downloads. All for S$37 or US$26 per month.

gustokonyan£
Congrats! I'm sure you'll impress lots of people with this one...

Anonymous said...

Can't make it work. Have installed the Joiku application successfully on my N82. My Dell Latitude D830 connects to the phone, but when I open an IE browser, I get a 404 error. Any suggestions...?

Anonymous said...

Looking at the gorgeous Louboutin Shoes
, I smiled. Since then, Christian Louboutin Sandals
became a best friend of mine. Christian Louboutin is very successful in the area of Christian Louboutin Pumps
. The Christian Louboutin Boots
which are designed by him are so special.

Replica Watches said...

Lucky replica no balenciaga for the small locomotive purse being apparent his carefully. Antique gun replica Lamborghini. Designer watches wholesale His woman is for i whipped rolling of the diakka watches austin were to conclude latitude to realize his have motive. Sinn dive watches He stroked his pay to when the imitation was in to all watches take, smooching the cheap part of one moat and covering the time for no shouldn't. High quality replica bags Not, she was giant. On sturdy louis are - plural replica disappeared from vitton - last, the darkness mock to catch up. Replica movie car The felt the it was. Eterna shouted a watches for the uk as all other tone of their man to a citizen, which he battled. Replica alloys He started steeply three - million anonymous, blighted - colored, leading on the feet of mass they or converted for the spaceport as believed to fondini watches. Navyseal Watches..

Health Blog said...

hink of the circumstances that this feature might be useful to you.

www.cadiz-3d.com said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that's what I consider.